Prior to Tuesday, I was a freelancer. I did what I wanted to when I wanted to. Occassionally I got paid for the things I did. But mostly I read, wrote, cooked, thought and slept. Tuesday night I came home in a bit of a state of shock with the surrealness of the day's events. I am no longer a freelancer but a manager, I no longer work under but now over.
The mound of paper work is building. My head is spinning with ideas. The workload is rapidly increasing. Meanwhile, daily announcements need to be made, programs need to be organized and run and seniors and staff need to talk.
And now, all the court stuff and the wounds in my life are hitting me. Hard. I have trouble sleeping. I have not adjusted yet to days that begin early and do not make room for an afternoon nap. I have little down time at the moment and so the pain is creeping into my dreams in the sort of nightmarish way I once knew. My day is full of people and hyperinteraction, at the end of the day I seek solitude and silence and even the most endearing tunes on my computer annoy me. The hurt within me is screaming for attention and love and I want people to walk with me in this but at the same time, by 4 or 5 or 6 or whenever I leave work, I am thoroughly done with people and done talking. I once was used to speaking few words except on here or in email. And now, silence is rare.
I keep having dizzy spells. They are nasty. Today I was playing the piano for the seniors when a buzzing sound came upon me and I could not hear as well. The same sort of buzzing I have felt before fainting. I made it through the piece and thankfully regained strength to finish the singalong. As I write this, I am sitting in my office waiting for the next activity to run and at times the room feels like it is spinning. It comes and goes. Some times with headaches. Sometimes with shakiness. And then it disappears and everything is fine again.
But I am weary.
I am tired.
I am worn.
And so I stopped working long enough to sit quietly. And a verse came to mind:
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary
they will walk and not be faint.
-Isaiah 40:30-31
And so, in the midst of my tiredness and weariness and busy-ness, I will let God lift me up with his strength.
5 comments:
As I read this I feel your pain and I understand the horrible times you have been through but with all that I have read I am noticing that you truly have put none of this behind you. With God you can do that and your life can be good and complete. He can do All things if you let him! This court stuff was you laying your vengeance, not God and you weren't in it for justice but vengeance and that my dear is why you are still having the dreams that haunt you! Vengeance doesn't heal but keep your pain alive.
I have sat by silently (an amazing accomplishment for me) while people who won't even say who they are tell you E how to bad a 'Christian' you are. How you have taken Vengeance and not allowed God to do that in your staid (yada yada yada)... I have been angered and disheartened by the hard and bitter hearts that have led you to the place that you are in and I think to myself what is in them that makes them better Christians? The God that I serve is one who loves everyone, who hates evil has sworn untold pain and suffering on those who hurt 'the least of these'. The God I serve has told us to follow the laws of the land, and to be accountable to each other...
The person I know you to be, is one of resiliance, despite your situation, you have allowed God to create in you a strength and beauty that sin tried to destroy. You have faced untold oposition and yet here you stand, still in love with God and still fighting for mercy and justice. I am proud of you, you have done what was right before man and God and of course those who know your Dad would think differently... he's now having to pay for his crimes, and because of his sin, then the people who love him also have to suffer. Thus is the ripple affect of sin. It's sad really and I pray for those who know your Dad, those who defend him and rant on at you. I pray for them because one day they too will stand before their maker and they will be called to account, just as you will, just as I will. I also pray for them because they themselves are victims of his crimes, they too have been hurt and will suffer because of what he CHOSE to do to you. He too needs prayer, he has allowed the sin in his life to go go unrepentant (not repentance that say's 'Im sorry... there it's over, but true repentance that is genuine, truthful, honest and that allows him to be right with God). I pray for him, pray that God will speak to him and allow healing. I pray for those who know and love him, that they too will find joy and healing. Not one of us is without sin, so none of us should casting stones.
When Jesus said 'Father forgive them' he meant all of them, not just the soldiers, but us as well. You have shown remarkable forgiving power E. Anger without sin, justice served with mercy... it's God's way and sometimes he uses people to see his work done.
So, again. I am proud of you my friend...
And I won't be signing this Anonymous... I am Laurie and if you have any questions or comments you can direct them to me.
P.S. Read Romans 13...
Dear Laurie,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate it. This journey of healing has many highs and lows and I appreciate your words of comfort and encouragement during both those times and your example to live for Christ in the midst of suffering. You are a true friend and I thank God for you!
Dear Anonymous - if your words were truly out of love and care and understood my pain, I cannot help but wonder why they are left as "anonymous". Vengeance has never been a goal - court transcripts of criminal proceedings become public documents. I suggest that you find a way to get your hands upon them prior to speaking to my motives and the pain I have endured.
Post a Comment