Wednesday, October 13, 2010

God's Sovereignty

I've been thinking lately a lot about God's sovereignty. God and I have more than a few words lately about my current struggles of surrendering to God's sovereignty. God's sovereignty holds no guarantees for what I want - but what God wants. It's hard when I want to cling onto something that I Think good and right, but God may never answer that prayer in the way I want, but in a way that is best, perfect and holy. It's not easy to have what matters most to you taken away with no promise of return.

But there is some comfort - man cannot thwart God's plans. Try as we might, God's will is going to be accomplished. They could not keep him in the grave. What encouragement and comfort is found in that truth. People can plot and carry out their plans all they want but God will accomplish what he wants. His Will will happen.

I know this is true. I witnessed this not too long ago in a very powerful way. Man tried to thwart what is good and right. But I watched as God made the impossible possible.

No comments: