Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Longing

I have been sorting through everything in my apartment to get ready for my big move. I'm pretty excited about moving. And pretty excited to get rid of all my stuff. Well, not all of it. I'm not sure how big the room that I have will be, but I do know that coming from a one bedroom apartment with lots of storage space to a one bedroom is a bit of a downsize! Thankfully, I can bring most of my kitchen supplies to the new place and share them with my new community there. My landlords want the place to be ready to be shown for the weekend when the advertisement goes up and gave me a rather unfriendly push to get everything in order. So I am going through things. I found a file of my old writings, and while tempted to read through everything, I am pleased to report that I refrained (Someone once said that when going through papers you should have someone else go through them so that you don't get distracted... very wise, but I have kept these words of wisdom in my head while sorting). I am being ruthless. Anything I don't see myself needing or anything that I don't see myself wanting in 10 years is being chucked. It's hard to let go. But then I've been thinking about the story of the rich young ruler who, for the sake of all his stuff, couldn't follow Christ. All this to say - I found a poem that I had written awhile ago (maybe a couple of years ago?) and thought I'd share it.

Longing

Longing...
For Friendship
for love
for truth

Longing
for compassion
for peace
for hope

Longing..
for guidance
for wisdom
for answers

Longing...
for adventure
for joy
for life

longing
for You
and only You
to be everything
my All in all

No comments: