Volunteering at the nursing home has taught me how to listen carefully to what others are saying, taught me that it is sometimes best just to hold someone's hand and say nothing, and that a little bit of time playing cards, reading stories, making crafts, etc brings so much joy into ones life. At nursing homes, there are many people whose outward appearance is less than pleasing. I learned that I need to look beyond that to the person's heart in order to see someone beautiful underneath all the wrinkles.
At that time I used to write a lot of poetry (usually one or two a day). I came across this one, that I wrote as a note from God to one who was hurting.
These Hands
These hands, my child, are meant for you
To have, to hold, to share
Strong are they, when yours are weak
And for you, they're always there
When you are sad and feeling lonely
When life becomes to much
Remember I am with you and that
My hands are for you to touch.
When in your journey with Me
You think you start to fall
Remember just to hold My hand
And to listen to My call.
And when you feel like giving up
You feel that no one cares
Remember, my hands are meant for you
To have, to hold, to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment