And they will know they are Christians by their love
Over the past few weeks I have lived in the hospital and been dependent on others for care and visits. I've had many conversations with fellow patients - patients who have no one in their lives who have watched the abundance of visitors come my way and their generousity and care. I have friends who come and listen and make sure that I am not alone, they have take care of my cat and my home, and there are many times they have sat and listened to me moan and complain about hospital life and being stuck on a floor of sick people.
When I came here to the hospital, I never imagined that this would become my mission ground. In fact, this was the last place I thought of doing mission work. If anything, I thought of all the work that needed to be done on me.
Yet, I have had numerous and meaningful conversations with fellow patients who have been looking for meaning and love in their lives and noticed something different in me and in my friends. They have asked me questions. They have made comments. They have drawn near and are interested in checking out church.
How will they we are Christians? By our love. They will know we are Christians by our love.
I am thankful for the many friends that I have who show they are Christians by their love.
1 comment:
Hi friend: I am so glad to see that you are back on line. Sometimes being in the hospital can be a scary thing but I know from experience that it can start the healing process. You are an amazing person and I am really impressed with you. Life isn't easy but it takes a strong person to take a stand. I am glad that you have used this time productively and that you have been able to share your faith with others in the hospital. Just know that there are people who want you to have a good life and be able to put the bad things in the back of your mind rather than up front. I don't think we can ever erase them entirely but we can put them in a more comfortable spot. God bless you.
Post a Comment