On January 1, I relived a moment I had several years ago. Another moment that I thought I'd never relive as I made my way to the hospital emergency and waited for hours to be seen and later admitted. One friend waited for me on what was a very busy night. The emergency doctor woke me up, giving me quite the scare as I had finally fallen into a deep sleep when she woke me up. And the questioning began - many questions. The next thing I knew, I was walking up the hallways to be admitted to the hospital ward.
Sometimes God allows us to take turns that we hadn't expected. I had never thought that being a patient in a hospital would give me a chance to share my testimony and God's love with others. Many doctors, nurses and fellow patients have asked the story behind my hospital admittance. They have wanted to know what led me here. The friends who have come to visit me have impacted the other patients - so many patients have asked me where I got such wonderful friends, such caring friends, such faithful friends. Some fellow patients have asked me if they can come with me to church.
There is something about being in the hospital that brings out deep conversations in a way that other places do not foster.
I never thought that part of my 'calling' could be here at the hospital for a time. But for some reason, God has led me here - for my own healing and maybe to assist healing in others.
Never in a million years
No comments:
Post a Comment