Tomorrow one of my sisters turns 18. I'm not sure what's more shocking... that my sister is turning 18 or that I am old enough to have an 18 year old sister! One of the things that stands out to me most is actually a Christmas memory.....
I remember we shared a room together and the rule on Christmas morning is that we weren't allowed to get wake everyone else until a certain time. My sis and I had our own little Christmas tree and we decided that we would kill the time in the morning by opening our very own little presents for each other. We went to the dollar store and spent $2 each on presents. I still have mine... two candle holders, one with red and green flowers and the other has two doves getting married.
I remember how we used to make special occasions extra special for people.
I remember playing "school" together as a way to get her to do her homeschooling work while my mom was pregnant.
I remember teaching her the basics of piano and remember sharing with her my compositions that i haven't shared with anyone else.
I remember watching teletubbies with her and other tv programs.
i remember words she told me that spoke to something that happened.... words that broke my heart but changed my life.
i remember studying the book of Esther together.
So as I stay in the hospital and miss out on another one of her birthdays, I will remember these things and more. I hope that you she has a super wonderful day.
2 comments:
Sisters are the best. :-) I'll be praying that the Lord makes this her best year yet.
Beautiful memories to cherish and to hold in difficult times.
I am praying for you. Praying that as you are recall wonderful thoughts; the Spirit of God will inspire your sister too to think alike. Peace of our Lord Jesus be with you Elizabeth.
Love and Hugs,
Esther
Post a Comment