We have heard of your faith in Christ and of your love for all of God's people
- Colossians 1:4
This is something I want to be known by. I am in the process of writing an autobiography which will become the barebones of a memoir. So I am thinking towards what my memoir should be about and how I should tailor it and what I would want my readers to take away. This is it- I want people to hear about my faith in Christ and of my love for all God's people. I want people to read my memoir and know God, to be encouraged, challenged, inspired. I would want my readers to say "We have heard of your faith in Christ and of your love for all of God's People."
Sometimes I wonder why God has allowed certain things to take place in my life. As I read my autobiography this morning, I was thinking that I've been through a lot of pain and suffering over the years. My heart would break if I heard someone tell me of that story (often I think it is easier to have compassion towards another person than towards myself!). But, God will use this story to fulfill his purposes.
I am reminded of the often misused verse tritely thrown at people in the midst of suffering:
We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves him.
-Romans 8:28a
Today I see hope in that God will take my past - my own doings and all that has been done to me, and will bring good out of it. Somehow, my story is shaping me and preparing me for the work that God has called me to do. I don't think that God caused evil, but I do believe that he has allowed evil to happen and will transform it and its consequences into beauty.
When one lives on the Strength of the Absurd, they see beauty come from ashes.
1 comment:
Elizabeth, this is beyond beautiful and inspiring. Joy could not hold my tears as I read through your blog. Can you imagine the effect of your memoir to thousands the thousands of readers around the world? You are a gift from God.
Yes! I agree whatever hurts you've already been through and is going through God will turn it to good. One day... yes, one day...!!!
Meantime, we gotta get out. I am praying for you my dearest friend and sister in Christ.
Beauty from ashes indeed!!! Hallelujah.
Be blessed my dear.
Post a Comment