
Steve Bell sings a song by Jim Croegaert called "Changes" that speaks to exactly where I am today. I was speaking with the chaplain at the hospital about my realizations over the weekend. I feel good and ready to go home. I want to move on with life and I feel joyful and happy. But it is harder to explain why the sudden change. One fear that I have is that I will get home and start to struggle again and wind up in the hospital all over again. Right now that seems unlikely, but I was wondering if my spiritual boost (for lack of better words) is only temporary in nature. I mean, if depression is an illness then have I been cured or is my joy a gift from God that I should enjoy while it lasts but be prepared for when depression comes back? The chaplain said some helpful things to me, including that I can count on having to face challenges and life is more up and down emotionally. And that the question I am needing to answer is how to cope with the inevitable challenges and mood swings. And then I heard this song:
Changes coming upon us
It keeps moving, moving around us
Got to keep dancing knowing who loves us
Got to keep joy in our hearts
He knows all of our needs and
He will meet them following his plan
Even the changes turning in his hand
Soon will be part of it all
So we enter a new time
There are places where it's a hard climb
But there are faces carrying sunshine
Warming our path as we go
Sometimes we may be lonely
It's a hard job making us holy
But in the long run there will be glory
Glory to rival the sun
3 comments:
That's good news! Don't let your fear overwhelm your joy. Satan has a way sneaking in to snatch away our happiness. Its like you bruise your knee from falling and it really hurts. But it time after putting ice and resting it feels better. But then someone bangs into your knee you feel the pain again. Cling your heavenly Father He will give you the strength you need to press on! He cares for you! Truly you are loved!
Songs come to us when we need them. so true.
I wanted to tell you about something. I discovered it online: it's called EFT Tapping (I don't remember what the letters stand for, but it's for clearing emotional blockages, clearing the energy pathways) I've found it helps me release negative emotion; it leaves me feeling happier, and it only takes a couple of minutes. It's not a cure, but it does help me back to the upward swing:)
Emotional Freedom Technique is EFT Tapping stands for!
Post a Comment