Friday, March 11, 2011

Blessed by the Best



I have to say I have the best friends in the whole wide world. Friends who give up parts of their day to come and listen to me and keep me company. Friends who put up with me when I am blunt and careless with my words. Friends who encourage me when it's hard to be hospitalized that this is the right thing. Friends who demonstrate what it means to love unconditionally. Friends who bring coffee and hot chocolate to warm my spirits. Friends who run errands that I can't run whether in the hospital or outside. Friends who change smelly cat litters so that my beloved Shalom is kept happy. Friends who send notes to let me know that I am being thought of, prayed for, and am missed. Friends who make me laugh over games of skipbo and sorry. Friends who encourage me in the changes that I make, hold me accountable for the failings I try to squeak by and who make me feel loved even when I am stubborn. Friends who know me well and love me any ways. Friends who make me laugh out loud when inside my heart is breaking and tears are threatening.

Yes. I am blessed by the best.

No comments: